Analytics
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Need help understanding

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello!

I get this notification in GA: 

Property Mark Lemoine Online Resume is receiving data from redundant hostnames. Some of the redundant hostnames are:

Redundant hostnames are counted as separate rows in reports, so hits that are going to the same page on your site from different hostnames will be split into multiple rows. With data split across multiple rows, traffic to specific pages will appear lower than it actually is.

To avoid this problem, consider setting up a 301 redirect from one of your redundant hostnames to the other, or create a search-and-replace filter that strips "www." from hostnames.

I click on 'Learn More' (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1034834?hl=en&utm_id=ad) and it's all Chinese to me. Can someone please help me and explain what this means and I what I need to do to fix this. 

Thank you in advance!!!!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Need help understanding

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Malmn
Your account is receiving traffic from both
marklemoine.ca
and
www.marklemoine.ca

Google sees these as two different websites.
Google is suggesting that you, if you are the owner, merge them into one. For example, go to google.com. It redirects to www.google.com.
This is something your webmaster or the webmaster of the website marklemoine.ca will have to do. The instructions are in the document that you linked.

Re: Need help understanding

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you!