AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

NYC Borough Segmentation

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys,

Just a quick question, I'm developing a campaign for a real estate company in New York City. The marketing department tells me that most of the leads are received from the area of Queens. I'm looking to understand and segment traffic from the different boroughs of NY. I haven't been able to figure out how can I do that. For example, I would love to know how many people are visiting the site just from the area of Queens and Brooklyn, and if I can go even more deeper than that and segment by sub-locations within those boroughs that would be even better.

I must say I'm still a beginner at analytics but I'm very passionate and always looking to learn from the pros.

Thanks in advance.

My best,

Rafa

Re: NYC Borough Segmentation

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Rafa,

I suggest you have a master profile/view in Google analytics that contains visits to your site from all regions to check all locations that is generating low or high amount of traffic. Next to view visits from a specific location like Queens or Brooklyn in your case, you can try using Custom Reports/Customization

add sessions metric

Then add the region (queens or brooklyn) as filters city/region. This will ensure that traffic from these regions is filtered and recorded here.

Untitled.pngregion or city filterregion or city filter

Hope this helps.

Regards,

K

Re: NYC Borough Segmentation

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Its been a while but Im going to give it a try.

Thanks K!!!