AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

My internal I.P. filter no longer works.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My internal I.P. filter no longer works.

My own page views of my Web site now show up in my Analytics > Overview > Real Time, after years of not appearing there.

I checked online (by looking for my public I.P. address there) and verified that the I.P. address I filtered in Google Analytics is still the same as my current public I.P. address.

I also ensured that I typed the I.P. address correctly according to the instructions – excluding the I.P. address equal to _______________ and including the periods between the four numeric sections of the address.

Tony

Re: My internal I.P. filter no longer works.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I think a clue to this mystery – something that I've noticed that's different now – is that when I look up my public I.P. address, most I.D. sites identify it as a long string of 31 numbers and letters interspersed with colons.

To find my standard, four-part I.P. address (which has only ten numbers, separated by periods), I had to see a site called "IPecho.net".

Tony

Re: My internal I.P. filter no longer works.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks.

I got it.

Tony