AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
3K members online now
3K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Misunderstood Filter with "does not exaclty match" condition

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I would like to create a segment: Each session  includes at least one pageview differs from "/pageX" .  I've configured an advanced segment: 

Not only holder page 2.jpg

But it turns out that this segment does not solve the task. I've initiated 3 sessions: two of sessions include only "/pageX"  pageviews (no other pageviews) and remaining  one include also "/pageY" pageview. The segment described above leaves all 3 sessions. Can anyone explain where I'm wrong?

Thanks for any comments

Best,

Dmitry

1 Expert replyverified_user

Misunderstood Filter with "does not exaclty match" condition

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Use Exclude instead of Include. So, your segment would be:

Exclude sessions for pages that exactly matches /pageX

This one should exclude all sessions that contained /pageX in them.

Re: Misunderstood Filter with "does not exaclty match" condition

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

So, your segment would be: Exclude sessions for pages that exactly matches /pageX

This one should exclude all sessions that contained /pageX in them

Thanks, but it's not quite what I'm looking for. I would like to get sessions that contained any page not equal to /pageX regardless of whether there is /pageX or not. In other words I would like to exclude session that contained only /pageX pagviews. Your variant exlude all sessions with /pageX.