Analytics
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Missing data for one day

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

A client of mine is missing data for 18th May 2017. From 12am-12pm there is a blackout of data, there were no changes to any filters on the view until around 3pm that day therefore I don't think this is a filtering issue.

When changing the data ranges for data I can see data for that day populating however for longer date ranges the data is missing.

This shouldn't be a data freshness issue too, as I know there is a 24-48 hour delay with data being processed.

Why is it that data is missing for an entire day even though there were no changes made at this time?

Thanks,

Liam

1 Expert replyverified_user

Missing data for one day

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hey Liam, 

#1 - What changes to your filter were enacted? Are they still in effect? 

#2 - Unless your recent filter is responsible the most likely reason is that your Google Analytics tag wasn't properly implemented or firing during that time. If so, this is probably an issue not with Analytics but rather with your domain or host. 

- Josh

Joshua, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Missing data for one day

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Josh,

#1 - The change made to the filter was to include a larger range of IP addresses. I removed the filter at around 9am on 19th May so I would expect to see data come back into the account from that point however it comes in at 12am on Friday.

#2 - No changes were made to the analytics tag via GTM throughout the course of the two days. No changes were made to GA or GTM at midnight on both days however this is when the data is back in GA from.

The site also didn't go down at this point. I'm wondering why I've been able to see data when changing date ranges however on the whole it's not there.

Thanks,

Liam