Analytics
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Making a sub-content group

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

This is probably a really simple task but I am completely stuck. I want to set up a view that only focuses on four pages under a main heading. It's about 3 levels down from the home page of our website. I would like it to display information like it does when you select 'Content Drilldown' under the 'Behaviour Tab' of the main view of our website. 

I cannot seem to do this by applying filters only to include the page URL.

Can anyone help me? I've had a look at the google help and find it hard to understand some of the terms (I have very little web knowledge)

Many thanks in advance Smiley Happy

2 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Web M,

If you truly want to set up a filtered view, then you can create a custom include filter based on Request URI and then add the pages you want to capture  e.g.  ^/demo$|^/widget$|^/contact$|^/aboutus$ 

would only include these pages: mysite.com/demo, mysite.com/widget, mysite.com/contact, mysite.com/aboutus

If you want to include mysite.com/contact-thanks  then just drop the $ on the end.

Hope that helps.

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

hi,

do these 4 pages have a common nominator in the URL, like /level3/page1, /level3/page2...?

--
To make bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible

Antti Nylund, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Did my answer solve your issue? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Otherwise keep on asking.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Thanks for replying. No they are all individually named. So for example:

www.site.com/red

www.site.com/green 

etc etc

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Thanks for replying. Under Admin > Filters > Custom I have put ^/examplepage$|^/ as the filter pattern to be included (and selected request URL). This still isn't working as it says the filter configuration is incorrect, or the set of sampled data is too small.

I've also tried putting the same information into a pre-defined filter type (saving 'include only' 'traffic to the subdirectories' 'that are equal to') and that isn't working either.

Is there something that I am still doing wrong?

Many thanks