Analytics
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Linear Attribution Models and Assisted Conversions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Everyone,

I have a question regarding Conversion Analysis.

Intuitively I would think that the value returned by the  Assisted Conversion and Linear Attribution Models metrics should be the same (or at least close) since in the Assisted Conversion measure the source will be added each time it was in the path to a conversion and same for the Linear Attribution Model (except for that in the Assisted Conversion model the source would not be added if it was the final interaction to the conversion which should lead to some discrepancies between the two values).

However, these values seem to be very different...

Moreover, the Linear Attribution Model gives values smaller than the Assisted Conversion which is also counterintuitive to me as the first measure should include all the paths to the conversion (including the case in which the source was the final conversion interaction) while the Assisted Conversions do not include this value and should thus be smaller. 

What am i misunderstanding here?

Thank you

Dario

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Linear Attribution Models and Assisted Conversions

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Dario,

these 2 reports deal with 2 separate reporting subjects:
1) assisted conversion - total number of conversions where the channel appeared as an assisting channel
2) linear attribution as an attribution model reports on the number of conversion the channel should be attributed with - this is a situation where all of the other first, assisting and last channels are attributed as well for the conversion and not purely summed up as in case of assisted conversions

Hope it helps.

Kind regards,
Zorin
Web analyst @ escapestudio.net