AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Just cant get dynamic urls to merge in page data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

HI from about to rain York UK,

In google analytics I need to merge a stack of dynamic urls session data into one if that makes sense. Put another way (see illustration) I have a section in a web site called media with multiple dynamic url child pages but i need to merge all the data into one result so i can see the aggregate result (Ok the more I write this the more I feel I cant describe it). 

But i just need all the pages circled in yellow to merge into one page result...

google-analytics-merge -dynamic-pages.JPG

Ok hope this makes sense! Back to the keyboard Tuesday to field any questions :-)

Grazie mille,

David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author David H
August 2016

Re: Just cant get dynamic urls to merge in page data

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey David,
You could do two things here
First is that you copy your current view and apply a search and replace / custom filter over
that will merge all your pages into 1

Second things you can do is
Create a custom report using page path level 1 with the metrics you need. You can see an example of page path level 1 in Content Drilldown report of google analytics.

Hope this helps,
Cheers
Noman Karim

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author David H
August 2016

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey David,
You could do two things here
First is that you copy your current view and apply a search and replace / custom filter over
that will merge all your pages into 1

Second things you can do is
Create a custom report using page path level 1 with the metrics you need. You can see an example of page path level 1 in Content Drilldown report of google analytics.

Hope this helps,
Cheers
Noman Karim

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Noman :-)