Analytics
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Include filter for a specific cross-domain page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi!

I have filtered views for each domain. However, one of my goals is on a different domain, so I'd like to use an include filter to include that specific conversion page but not the rest of that domain. How can I do this given that GA is only letting me filter by hostname or URI? 

Example:

1) Filtered view only includes 'domain.com'

2) Conversion goal is destination page 'website.com/thank-you'.

I'd like to use an include filter to only include this specific page, and not the whole domain website.com. Can I filter by both hostname and URI without it affecting the original filter for 'domain.com'? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Joe W
November 2016

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

A really useful custom dimension to make is one that is the full URL. You can make it by using an Advanced Filter that extracts everything (.*) from Hostname in Field A, extracts everything from Request URI in Field B and outputs to the 'Full URL' custom dimension ($A1$B1).

Then, you can create a filter for just that hostname and the other site's single page by using the Include filter for Full URL with the regular expression domain\.com|website\.com/thank-you

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Joe W
November 2016

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

A really useful custom dimension to make is one that is the full URL. You can make it by using an Advanced Filter that extracts everything (.*) from Hostname in Field A, extracts everything from Request URI in Field B and outputs to the 'Full URL' custom dimension ($A1$B1).

Then, you can create a filter for just that hostname and the other site's single page by using the Include filter for Full URL with the regular expression domain\.com|website\.com/thank-you

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It is help. Meet me via 2348162737340

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Samantha,

I have a very similar case, there's a slight difference though, so I was hoping you'd be able to help me out.

The Master view for the domain includes traffic from a couple of subdomains which is the intended behavior. There's a third subdomain, however, which I don't want to track, with the exception of a single page which traffic I'd like to include to the master view.

I thought the above setup you described might work, however, I still need to exclude this 3rd domain, don't I? Do I do it using the Advanced filter I already have for including subdomain traffic?

Many thanks,

Antonia