AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Include Two IP filters not working

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I tried to add two IP filters under "Include" section, but it doesn't working. Following error message I'm getting.

Please somebody help me how to fix this.

Error Message:

Filters Filter IP1 and Filter IP2 are used in view Filtered IP's. Because they are both include filters on the same field, it is likely that together they will exclude all traffic.

Because they are both include filters on the same field, it is likely that together they will exclude all traffic.

Re: Include Two IP filters not working

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Include filters are actually "Include Only". So when you set up two include filters for the same field they are usually mutually exclusive and will filter out all of your traffic, so you'll get nothing in that view. That's what the error is trying to convey. It must be a new thing, since previously it was easy to kill all your data if you didn't know what you're doing :-)

If you want to set up a filter to include just two IPs you might want to use a simple regex, like using "|" between the IPs and escaping the dots with "\".

Re: Include Two IP filters not working

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Tnx for the reply, but can u provide a detailed info, that in which category and how I should add either "Predefined" or "Custom", If "Custom" means, under that which one I've to select?

Also Earlier I got alert from Analytics regarding Conflicts including Filters. After Re-adding the filters again, I got below the message as "Resolved"
-----------------------------------------------------
"Conflicting Include Filters
All traffic in view Filtered IP's is likely filtered out.
Resolved | Details"
------------------------------------------------------
But in Google Tag Assistant - I got following errors,

- Invalid or missing web property ID
- No HTTP response detected
- Missing closing </script> tag.

I've checked the reports shows "0" visits. I don't know whether I got fixed if I believe Analytics Alert as Resolved, or Google Tag Assistant warns some errors. Please help me out.