Analytics
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Include IP Address Not Working

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm having issues including only one IP Address in a View to track visits at an office for one of my clients. The client has iPads set up in the waiting room and want to see how many visits their scheduling website receives from those in-office iPads. I've tried several filters and none of them work. There was one that actually did work, but that was when I accidentally set it to "Exclude" rather than "Include" for the IP address. Because there was a less traffic in that view vs. the view that includes All Traffic, it leads me to believe that the IP address is correct, but I just can't get it to record data with an "Include" filter. And also FYI, there are no other filters being used on these views. I'm including the different combinations I've used as filters below so it can be seen what has been unsuccessful so far and if anyone has suggestions on what I'm doing wrong I'd be so thankful. 

Filters used that resulted in no data recorded: 

Custom / Include / IP Address: ^173\.161\.54\.84$

Custom / Include / IP Address:173\.161\.54\.84

Predefined / Include only / IP Addresses that are equal to: 173.161.54.84

Predefined / Include only / IP Addresses that contain: 173.161.54.84

Predefined / Include only / IP Addresses that begin with: 173.161.54.84

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Include IP Address Not Working

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
HI Zehnder A,

Have you checked that you are using the correct IP even (Google something like "what is my ip"). Also wouldn't you need to include a range of IP addresses, as each device would have it's own? I'm not sure how that all works in your client's office, but worth checking. Remember that you should only have one "include" filter for a view, otherwise if you want to include more than one item, then you need to use logical regex matching.
Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn