AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

I entered the IP address as a filter but not working

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I entered filters for IP addresses (as per Help instructions), but when I look at real-time overview the filtered out IP addresses are included?  Frustrated and would appreciate any help.

1 Expert replyverified_user

I entered the IP address as a filter but not working

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Fritz,

If you want to make sure they are working the best way is to create a new testing view and set them as in include in the new view.  That way when you see data collect here and it matches your location, etc. you will know that you have the filter pattern correct and you can then recreate as an exclude, test and then promote to your analysis views.

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Re: I entered the IP address as a filter but not working

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Theo -

Tried your suggestion but didn’t work when I looked at the Real-Time Overview. Should the filters work in the Real-Time Overview? If so, any other ideas as to what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks.
FRITZ HIRSCH

My Town HOA, LLC
933 Kenton Rd.
Deerfield, IL 60015
Phone (224) 300-0672
fhirsch@mytownhoa.com

This e-mail may contain material that is confidential and/or privileged and is the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, reliance or distribution by others or forwarding without express permission is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies.