Analytics
6.7K members online now
6.7K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

How to set up an audience remarketing filter

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How do i set up a filter to create an audience segment of users who visited a particular page on the site but did not complete a purchase. I want a list of users/sessions to remarket to people who DID go to the page that contains "/my-covers" but that did not make a purchase, therefore they did NOT go to a page that contains "/complete" in the url.

See attached images. I think both of them are wrong, but don't know what it should be.

Thanks for your help!

audience filter 2.JPGaudience filter.JPG

Re: How to set up an audience remarketing filter

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Michele,

I would use the second option and "Users" instead of "Sessions" in the filter but it's not a problem.

What's the actual URL? In Google Analytics, URLs are case sensitive. Make sure you use the right URL path. Maybe /my-covers is the right one?

How many users do you see in the audience for now?

Keep in mind that a remarketing audience must include a minimum of 100 unique cookies (users) in order for the Google Display Network to serve ads to the audience. Remarketing lists for search ads must include a minimum of 1000 unique cookies (users). These minimum-cookie requirements are the same for the AdWords and Analytics tracking pixels. So ads will not start working before you don't have enough users in your audience yet.

Hope this helps.
Taavi

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks so much Taavi. Really appreciate your help. I do have the case of the url done correctly. The first one is XXXX.com/My-Covers but for the 2nd page which is the cart completion page, the url is this XXX.com/checkout/4341/complete The number in the middle represents the order number. So i am just putting the last part of the url .. /complete as according to the audience filter it just needs to "contain" this somewhere in the url, right??  I changed it to Users instead of sessions.

audience filter 3.JPG

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Everything should be OK. Smiley Happy

Now you'll need to wait until you have at least:

• Display audience size: 100 users (then you're able to serve ads to your audience using display remarketing campaign)
  • Search audience size: 1000 users (if you'd like to do remarketing in search)

Basically, now you can configure your display remarketing campaign (if you'd like to do that) in AdWords and it will start serving ads if you have at least 100 users in the list you just created.

Here's the guide if you haven't done it before: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3210317?hl=en

Hope this helps.
Taavi