Analytics
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

How to see certain events in Events Flow event though multiple Events Fired at the same time???

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi folks. I'm really hoping someone here can point me in the right direction. I'm trying to set up cross shopping data using Events. I manage a Car Dealership website. The site provider is firing multiple events on every page load. I went into the website back end and set up events to be pushed into GA when a visitor looks at a specific vehicle. The Event sent is the vehicle model info  (ex: 2016 Toyota Rav4). With all the events the site provider is pushing over, I can't see my custom events I set up. So my question is:

How can I filter Events to only see specific Events that was fired via the Event Flow Chart?? 

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!! 

Thanks so much!!! 

Re: How to see certain events in Events Flow event though multiple Events Fired at the same time???

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Rick,

You can use Advanced segments to see specific events. Here you can read more about that: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/3124493?hl=en

You can simply specify event category, action and/or label in your segment and then you should be able to see your custom event as well.

This slider is also pretty useful if you have lots of different events:

slider.png

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

Taavi

How to see certain events in Events Flow event though multiple Events Fired at the same time???

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your Taavi. I tried setting up the advance segment and it does filter out to those specific visitors. This is what I was hoping to achieve. When a visitor view vehicles on the website, an event is fired with the model info (ex: 2017 Toyota Camry). As they keep looking at vehicles, their interest may change or they could be comparing 2 or 3 diff types of vehicles. What I'm trying to do is see the most crossed shopped vehicles for each model. Ex: Visitors shopping for New Toyota Camrys, the majority of them may also look at New Toyota Rav4's as well. I'm sending the events for each vehicle viewed into GA as an event. The issue is, my website provider is also sending Events from the same pages as well. So, If I set the Advanced Conditon to Event Category > contains > New Car Cross Shopping, It's shows everyone that has that event associated to the visitor. What I'm trying to do is exclude the Events from the website provider because their events are taking up all the space in the events flow chart and my custom events end up in the more events section's. I guess I'm trying to figure out how to only show my custom event in all the Events. Example: Flow Chart 1 event: 2017 Toyota Camry, 2nd event: 2017 Toyota Camry, 3rd event: 2017 Toyota Rav4, etc...  

They are basically sending so many event's it's pushing all my custom events to the More events section. 

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Rick,

How many different event categories do your website provider has?

Maybe you can easily exclude all of them using an advanced segment.

Let us know how it goes.

Taavi