Analytics
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

How to read my Google Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I keep finding different answers of how to read my Google Analytics filtered data and am having a hard time conveying results to the website owner of www.guerradays.com

Please see the this Analytics export, he's asked me "What do you mean by "we've had 508 organic searches over the past 21 days"... based upon the attached can someone tell me what 508 Organic SEARCHES (does this mean that 508 people actually clicked on our website through google search results?) versus 53 Organic Traffic (53 users based on what?) versus 91 Organic Sessions (shouldn't this number also be 53?)... I'm getting confused and it's frustrating as I should know this by now. 

Can someone just explain what I'm seeing here in laymen terms please??
1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chad B
July 2016

Re: How to read my Google Analytics

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Chad,

In the report, blue represents all traffic and orange is only organic traffic. You have 91 sessions, 53 users and 508 pageviews generated by just organic traffic. One user could have multiple sessions and generate multiple pageviews (that's what we often hope for). This view is showing your totals and as well the percent/segment of organic traffic for comparison.

Hope this helps!

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Re: How to read my Google Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks PPCBossman! That does help.