Analytics
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

How to pull source info from abc.com (separate GA profile) into abc.com/site (sep GA profile)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

Our main site (abc.com for example) sells product A and is a much larger business area than our other site abc.com/sub-site which sells product B . Both are on separate GA profiles which have just been linked. I would like to get all the source data of the traffic that comes from abc.com but without having to see all of the sessions that are just for abc.com and not our /sub-site . I have tried setting up a filter to include just the /sub-site folder but that just removes the source data. 

Is there a way to do this without seeing all of the traffic for the abc.com site in our abc.com/sub-site GA profile? I hope that makes sense!

Cheers

Matt  

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to pull source info from abc.com (separate GA profile) into abc.com/site (sep GA profile)

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Matt :-)
Im a little confused by what you mean when you say:
   Both are on separate GA profiles which have just been linked.

also when you mention abc.com/sub-site are you meaning a subsite that resides in a subdirectory on abc.com

eg abc.com/sub-site when someone visits it

or

are you possibly meaning a subdomain such as sub-site.abc.com when someone visits it

and.. when you mention Profiles are you referring to different GA Properties .. or different Views for the same Property

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Re: How to pull source info from abc.com (separate GA profile) into abc.com/site (sep GA profile)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Bronwyn

Thanks for the reply.

So, firstly when I say linked I mean that we have installed the separate tracking code for each profile on the main brand landing page at abc.com .

There is a distinct site at abc.com for product A and another at abc.com/sub-site for product B - basically a consumer and business site of the same brand, but very different customers.

In the GA property for /sub-site (which is my responsibility) I have set up different views to exclude internal traffic etc and am relatively familiar with the filter setup.

We are now testing the code on our respective UAT sites and can see all the traffic coming through on our master profile. What I am trying to achieve is a situation where the we can get the source info from the traffic that lands on abc.com then clicks through to abc.com/sub-site but without having to see ALL traffic that hits abc.com (which is far greater than abc.com/subsite).

Does that make more sense?

Thanks

Matt

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Bronwyn

Did my explanation make sense? I may not have replied directly to you so you may not have got the notification.

Here it is again:

Hi Bronwyn

Thanks for the reply.

So, firstly when I say linked I mean that we have installed the separate tracking code for each profile on the main brand landing page at abc.com .

There is a distinct site at abc.com for product A and another at abc.com/sub-site for product B - basically a consumer and business site of the same brand, but very different customers.

In the GA property for /sub-site (which is my responsibility) I have set up different views to exclude internal traffic etc and am relatively familiar with the filter setup.

We are now testing the code on our respective UAT sites and can see all the traffic coming through on our master profile. What I am trying to achieve is a situation where the we can get the source info from the traffic that lands on abc.com then clicks through to abc.com/sub-site but without having to see ALL traffic that hits abc.com (which is far greater than abc.com/subsite).

Does that make more sense?

Thanks

Matt