How to block tracking in GA views?
I have lot of views created in GA account, some among are duplicate. Now, I want to block duplicate views from being tracked further and also don't want to delete the data recorded till now.
What are the possibilities of doing it?
Appreciate your help.
Re: How to block tracking in GA views?
You can just delete those views that you don't want anymore.
That's how you can move your view to the trash can:
- Sign in to your Analytics account.
- Select the Admin tab and navigate to the view you wish to delete.
- In the VIEW column, click View Settings.
- Click Move view to Trash Can.
- Click Move view to Trash Can in the confirmation message.
Important: A view is permanently deleted 35 days after being moved to the trash can. Once deleted, the view is gone and you're not be able to retrieve any historical data or reinstate these reports.
Here you can read more about that: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1009621?hl=en
Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.