Analytics
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

How to Exclude Segments from Reports

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Good Afternoon! Hoping someone can help me Smiley Happy.... I created 4 segments of browser/browser version combinations that we discovered is basically direct BOT traffic that has been skewing our results for months. Looks like this really started July 2015 which is weird.

I have filtered these out by browser and flash version to move forward as a starting point. ANYWAY, I would like to be able to run custom and standard reports and EXCLUDE SEGMENTS to look at what true past data looks like without this BOT traffic. I feel like there HAS to be an option to do this, but segments are not showing up as an option to filter out when I try customizing a report.

I know how to run a report and "add segments" but this isn't what I'm looking for. Thank you in advance for any direction! -Katy

filter-customreport.PNG

1 Expert replyverified_user

How to Exclude Segments from Reports

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Report shortcuts would allow you to apply any required segment(s) once and they would stay applied each time you access a report via the shortcut

More info on those here

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2676996?hl=en

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here