AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

How to Exclude Segments from Reports

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Good Afternoon! Hoping someone can help me Smiley Happy.... I created 4 segments of browser/browser version combinations that we discovered is basically direct BOT traffic that has been skewing our results for months. Looks like this really started July 2015 which is weird.

I have filtered these out by browser and flash version to move forward as a starting point. ANYWAY, I would like to be able to run custom and standard reports and EXCLUDE SEGMENTS to look at what true past data looks like without this BOT traffic. I feel like there HAS to be an option to do this, but segments are not showing up as an option to filter out when I try customizing a report.

I know how to run a report and "add segments" but this isn't what I'm looking for. Thank you in advance for any direction! -Katy

filter-customreport.PNG

1 Expert replyverified_user

How to Exclude Segments from Reports

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Report shortcuts would allow you to apply any required segment(s) once and they would stay applied each time you access a report via the shortcut

More info on those here

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2676996?hl=en

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here