Analytics
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

How can i filter Language spam?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I was trying to Exclude Language spam by using

\s[^\s]*\s|.{15,}|\.|,

Regular Expression, But i was getting  "This filter would not have changed your data. Either the filter configuration is incorrect, or the set of sampled data is too small." Anyone can please answer.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi @Satya Murthy C,

That just means that the verification feature didn't find any match in the small sample data it uses. But if you configured the filter correctly then it should work fine.

Also, you have to consider that the filter will only work onwards if you want to clean your historical data you have to use a segment.

Hope it helps,

Google Analytics Rising Star | Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.' Learn how here!
Analytics Consultant at Carloseo.com - Find me on Twitter | Email me

Re: How can i filter Language spam?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everybody,

the RegEx code looks fine.

But I found some spam coming from language "c". "c" seems not to be an official ISO Language Code.

Therefore I added

|^c$

to the RegEx code Satya Murthy C posed above. So my code (for my filters and segments) looks like this:

\s[^\s]*\s|.{15,}|\.|,|^c$

Does anybody think this causes any other problems?

Bye. Nils

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

@Nils v I did find some entries with the "c" language, however, they don't look spammy but they do look like bots. Here is more info about it

https://www.quora.com/Which-language-in-Google-Analytics-is-represented-by-c

Google Analytics Rising Star | Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.' Learn how here!
Analytics Consultant at Carloseo.com - Find me on Twitter | Email me

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Carlos,

thank's for your promt reply and your help.

Bye. Nils