Analytics
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

How can i exclude traffic form certain countries

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am receiving traffic form the country which creates unnecessary bounce rate. How can I stop receiving traffic from that country.  

Re: How can i exclude traffic form certain countries

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello,

This is pretty simple to set up. First, navigate to the Admin section of your analytics account and make sure you select the proper account, property, and view you want to filter. It's wise to keep an unfiltered view, and it's a good idea to have a test view as well that you can experiment with filters on before you activate them on your main/master view. 

Once you are in the Admin tab and have the view you want, click on Filters.

capture 1.png

In the filter menu, click the red Add Filter button.

Give the filter a meaningful name, set Filter Type to Custom and click the Exclude radio button. In the filter field, use the drop down menu to select Country. Type the country name in to the Filter Pattern box. Here's an example of what it would look like if you wanted to exclude traffic from Germany. The filter verification tool is really handy for testing to see how the filter will affect the view you are working on. 

capture 2.png

Once everything looks good, click save and you should be all set. 

Hope that helps!