Analytics
2K members online now
2K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Google analytics no longer tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Since early April Google Analytics no longer shows mobile traffic to my site...just PC/Desktop traffic. Ive re-entered UA tracking number and still nothing. Myself and others can access site with mobile phone, but it shows zero traffic? plz help .

Thanks

Chris  

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)

Are there any filters applied to the reporting View?

Also cna you pls supply the website url

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Re: Google analytics no longer tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

How does your tracking code get installed to your site.. do you add the tracking code snippet itself.. or do you just provide the tracking id to a setting and the site platform then adds the code snippet for you with the provided tracking id?

Do you have the ability to add script to the site pages before the closing </head> tag? 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
www.divine33mytestimony.com

There are no filters added

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

If you click the 3 dots at the top right of your post, it displays options, one of them should allow you to edit a post if you should need to do so :-)

as per my previous reply - 

How does your tracking code get installed to your site.. do you add the tracking code snippet itself.. or do you just provide the tracking id to a setting and the site platform then adds the code snippet for you with the provided tracking id?

Do you have the ability to add script to the site pages before the closing </head> tag? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I just provide the tracking id from GA to a box for the tracking id on site. 

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Does the website platform give you the option of manually adding script to the site before the closing </head> tag? 

Reason i ask is because the tracking that is being added by the web platform is not the current version of tracking, its the previous version of tracking.. which while it will work in most instances, it wont support newer tracking features as they are introduced, also being added at the bottom of the site as it presently is, it reverts it to being synchronous, rather than loading asynchronously.

What you can do in the meantime is go to the reports where the data is missing and at the bottom of the GA interface is a feedback link which will allow you to submit the issue directly to google together with screen shots.
feedback.jpg

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank You Bronwyn ,
  I will look into it...I appreciate your help with this.
Chris