Analytics
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics - Custom view with conversion tracking.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, any help appreciated.

I have setup a custom view on our main Google analytics account, working fine.

Next I would like to:

A) Limit that view to just one URL (I have used the 'campaign target URL' - include with an ID that sits in the page URL to no avail.)

B) I would like to show how many people who went to that URL, ended up on our 'thank you' page post-sale. In order to track visitors against conversion.

There is no adwords or other tracking code installed, I would like to track this all via site flow (for now).

Is this possible and where would I start?

Many thanks
Joel

1 Expert replyverified_user

Google Analytics - Custom view with conversion tracking.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Not quite getting your set up nor your target but when it comes to filters

they exclude all hits that do not match the filter so if you limit your view filter to one page and try to analyse something more than page views of that particular page is going to fail in sense of getting valuable or valid information.

If you set up an advanced segment to your view where you have all the data where you take all the sessions that had that URL you want, you should get the conversion rate that you can compare to "general population" (Create another segment that includes those sessions where that URL was NOT visited) 

--
To make bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible

Antti Nylund, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Did my answer solve your issue? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Otherwise keep on asking.

Re: Google Analytics - Custom view with conversion tracking.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Apologies for the immense delay in replying - the client has just come back to me to move this forward.

I have an ecommerce store, than houses products for multiple vendors. I want to be able to give one vendor a login to a Google analytics view - to show them the conversion rate of one particular product.

How many times did that product page get viewed, and of those views, how many people made it to the thank-you page (purchased).

Huge thanks - this is driving me a bit mad.

Re: Google Analytics - Custom view with conversion tracking.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭