Analytics
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytic showing me

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am wondering how to stop Google Analytics from showing me in data reports.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sandy P
September 2016

Re: Google Analytic showing me

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Sandy :-)
Best practice is to leave the default View that is initially created by the GA System without any filters applied to it... this way there is always
an unedited, raw copy of data should it be needed for reporting purposes at any stage.

Them, you create a new View for the relevant Property and create and apply a predefined filter to exclude your IP address.
(you can get your IP address by typing into google search "what is my ip" and it will return a result that has your public IP address)
This will prevent your visits from being tracked going forward in the new View.
Be aware, the new View will not populate with the past tracked data from other Views.. and filters are not retroactive on data that has already been collected.

More info on filters in the Help Docs:
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1033162?hl=en#PredefinedFilters

If you have further questions, please post back
Thanks
Bronwyn :-)

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Bronwyn,
I will give this a try :-)
Thanks but I will probably be writing back LOL.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey again!
I think I did it... THANKS!!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Bronwyn,

Thank you so much for your reply from A MONTH ago!  Gads, I wish I had someone to just sit down and show me step by step how this works. :-)

Could you please tell me how I can go back to the original settings?  Or duh, will I find it right on my analytics page?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Sandy :-)
what are you meaning when you say you want to know how to go back to the original settings?
You want to find the settings pages.. or.. ??

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Also i to learn about using GA I highly recommend the Analytics Academy free learning modules
https://analyticsacademy.withgoogle.com/