Analytics
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

GA is not tracking all my Facebook traffic, is there a way to track?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone,

I have a problem. GA is not tracking almost all of my Facebook traffic. On my website I have Wordfence, which is also giving me insight in the traffic on my website (and also not tracking all the traffic correctly), this is how I found out. Wordfence and GA are giving me the same stats, if Wordfence indicates traffic as 'Human', GA also recognizes it as a genuine hit. But all the ones indicated as 'Bots' (see image below) are real hits as well! These in-app/webview hits are not tracked. This way I am missing at least 80% of the traffic coming via Facebook!

Questions:

1. Why is GA not tracking these hits?

2. How can I include these hits?

Can I make a filter for these based on User Agent information maybe? But how, because they are not registered, so making a User Agent based filter is not showing them due to the fact they are recognized as bots.

Perhaps someone has encountered this issue before and can help me? Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Looks like these are all in the EU.  Does Facebook automatically set the opt-out for tracking to "on" ??  

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This I do not know. But in the photo you can see two hits from 'Groningen, The Netherlands', both Europe, one is recognized, one isn't.

I thought it might have something to do with cookie or javascript in the Facebook (webview) app?