Analytics
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Full URL Filter, What am I missing

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Setting up a filter that shows the full URL is straight forward. I set up and now if I click on the URL to view the page from inside analytics the url will look like this domain.comdomain.com/theresuri

I look at the view and property setting and it looks normal. 

What am I doing wrong?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sueh16
April 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi, Sueh16,

The link you are referring to where you "view the page from inside analytics" works by taking the "Website's URL" value (in View Settings) and concatenating that with the "Page" value (ie. "domain.com/theresuri"). Normally this page value would just be the path (ie. "/theresuri"), but since you have used a filter to include the hostname to get the full URL, the page value then becomes "domain.com/theresuri". So when you click the link to visit the page from inside the reports, the browser is trying to get to Website's URL + Page = "domain.com" + "domain.com/theresuri" = domain.comdomain.com/theresuri.

What you might want to do then is to leave the "Website's URL" setting blank.

Hope this helps.

Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sueh16
April 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi, Sueh16,

The link you are referring to where you "view the page from inside analytics" works by taking the "Website's URL" value (in View Settings) and concatenating that with the "Page" value (ie. "domain.com/theresuri"). Normally this page value would just be the path (ie. "/theresuri"), but since you have used a filter to include the hostname to get the full URL, the page value then becomes "domain.com/theresuri". So when you click the link to visit the page from inside the reports, the browser is trying to get to Website's URL + Page = "domain.com" + "domain.com/theresuri" = domain.comdomain.com/theresuri.

What you might want to do then is to leave the "Website's URL" setting blank.

Hope this helps.

Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks for responding

Re: Full URL Filter, What am I missing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What am I doing wrong with my ad word express I had the ad up running then I got A email that it was disapproved what is going  on with it I need some help with the ad so I can get it up running again thanks our phone number is 717-788-1222