Analytics
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Filters on a subdomain for specific pages

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm trying to create a view for a sub domain that contains just 10 pages in it.
The client has a sub domain for all of his landing pages and wants to create a view that shows only those 10.

I've created a custom include filter for each one of the pages, using request URI.

In the filter pattern I've tried both /page_name_here pattern and .*page\_name\_here.* pattern

In both cases i get 0 traffic on my view - what should i do/try in order to solve this?
*the pages url doesn't have a common structure

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Filters on a subdomain for specific pages

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

The custom include filter with /page_name_here should work, make sure you enter it exactly as it is tracked in Behavior -> Site Content -> All Pages. You can check if the filter works using the Verify option at the bottom of the add filter page. Hope this helps.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Office O
January 2016

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi,

creating multiple include filters means that in order to track traffic all of them needs to be true i.e. user visited all of the pages.
If they do not have any common structure it means a long regexp rule.

You can test your filters with Advanced Segments: Start testing with /(pagename1|pagename2|pagename3...)/.*

Let me know if you need more details

--
To make bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

You can setup a new profile view - Sub-domain only.

Then, add filter - go to filters and add a filter (for your new view) that will ONLY INCLUDE traffic to your sub domain

subdomain filter only

replace sub with you sub-domain name and yourdomain with your original domain name.

Hope this helps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks
That did it