AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Filters for Enhanced Ecommerce

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Do filters fields like "Ecommerce Item name" work for Enhanced Ecommerce for Product List, Detail view reports, etc (i.e. not final transaction)?  I'm trying to rename some products and it doesn't seem to have any impact.  The settings I'm using are:

Filter type: Search and replace

Filter field: Ecommerce Item name

Search string: Product

Replace string: Product-

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nick G
June 2016

Re: Filters for Enhanced Ecommerce

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Nick
Just trying to answer the same question...
I think the answer is that Search and Replace filters on product name only work for Standard Ecom not Enhanced. I've tested this to be the case, and also found a reference halfway down this Enhanced Ecom page https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6014872?hl=en
It says "Search-and-replace filters are not supported for either standard or custom product-level dimensions"

I'm just setting up a test using an Advanced filter rather than Search and Replace but I'm not hopeful...

View solution in original post

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi, Any Google moderators out there able to answer this question?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nick G
June 2016

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Nick
Just trying to answer the same question...
I think the answer is that Search and Replace filters on product name only work for Standard Ecom not Enhanced. I've tested this to be the case, and also found a reference halfway down this Enhanced Ecom page https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6014872?hl=en
It says "Search-and-replace filters are not supported for either standard or custom product-level dimensions"

I'm just setting up a test using an Advanced filter rather than Search and Replace but I'm not hopeful...

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks Iain. Good find with that reference!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I can confirm that the test using the advanced filter didn't work. At the same time I did a successful test manipulating the transaction id so I'm confident of my results... My conclusion is that there is no way to manipulate the enhanced ecom product name using filters... which is a pain!