Analytics
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Filtering view for specific countries is not working

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I have a View that has two "Include" filters: one for Campaign Medium = organic, and another for only hits from Countries that are United States, Canada, United Kingdom or Australia.

After a few days, I'm looking at the Geo data in these views and I still see a few sessions outside these countries. For example:

Screen Shot 2017-05-15 at 6.20.37 PM.png

How is it possible that these sessions are still making it into these views when the filter should be excluding them?

Filtering view for specific countries is not working

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Ralph,

Your filter might take some time (up to 24 hours) to start working. Also please keep in mind that filter that you create will not remove the historical data.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Re: Filtering view for specific countries is not working

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi, the filter has been running for five days and it's still not filtering properly when I look at individual calendar days (e.g. yesterday). I still get a handful of "(not set)" sessions and sessions from random countries. This is happening consistently across ~20 views for different properties that have the same filter configured.

Screen Shot 2017-05-16 at 7.59.25 AM.png

Is there a bug with GA filters? Is anyone else seeing this same issue? And would you know where I can report this issue to Google's technical team?

Thanks.