Analytics
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Filtering traffic across multiple domains

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have a site where the user journeys go from our main site to a number of other sites using different hostnames.  I want to create a view which is suitable for one group of stakeholders in the business so this view needs to contain one of the potential customer journeys.  The data is a subset of traffic from the main site and all traffic moving into a different subdomain.

For this I've created a filter which includes the two pertinent hostnames - let say site1.com|site2.com.  This filter is processing all of the data across the two sites, so I need another filter which isolates the folder paths on site1.com (which would be /subset1), however it then applies it to site2.com too - meaning I'm not reporting any data from site2.com in the view.

How can I build this second filter to capture /subset1 traffic from site1.com and all traffic from site2.com?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Filtering traffic across multiple domains

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Lee,

There a couple of ways to do this.  Perhaps the easiest would be to concatenate the hostname and URI and then (order is important here) apply the filters as include on URI pattern.

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1012243?hl=en

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn