Analytics
2K members online now
2K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Filtering subset of pages

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone, I hope you can help me.
I have an ecommerce where I sell products made by other brands: it is a marketplace where the products I sell are not mine and brands do their own marketing campaigns to promote their products.
One of the biggest brands is asking me to have access to the information regarding their products: basically they want to see the analytics datas, to see how their marketing campaigns perform.
I was thinking to create a filter including only the pages where "Request URI" include the name of the brand (that is included in the product pages URLs, Eg:  www.example.com/folder/brand-product1 ).
This way I think the brand's people should be able to see the stats of people visiting their product pages, but the filtered view would not show the following steps in the purchase process, because there is not the brand name in the URL, eg. :

- example.com/folder/select-product-brand-product1
- example.com/buyers-info
- example.com/shipment-address
- example.com/payment-details
- example.com/successful-payment

Can you suggest any working solution?
Thank you in advance to everyone

Aldo

1 Expert replyverified_user

Filtering subset of pages

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

View filters work on individual hits, so you can't rely on them unless each page viewed has something to filter on which is only for that vendor.  I have seen demo somewhere that uses the Google Sheets addon to use a segment to populate a sheet with a specific client's data, then give the client access to the sheet. -- I think it was embedding the sheet in a report... Not sure if that is a solution you would want to try.

Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.