Analytics
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Filter with multiple criteria

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I want to create this but as a filter:Screen Shot 2017-04-17 at 2.44.09 PM.png

Is this possible?   I only want Linux traffic to be excluding if the OS version is x86_64

I assume as an 'Advanced' filter if so?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sam G
April 2017

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Actually I believe I got it working:

First, create an 'Advanced' filter.  This just creates a new field that is OS Version + Browser Version.  

Field A = (.*)

Field B = (.*) 

Output To -> Custom Field 1 = $A1/$B1

Then create a 2nd filter, that actually 'excludes' the OS Version / Browser Version combination you want. 

Exclude = 55.0.2883.95/x86_64  for example

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Sam G

It is not possible to create an Exclude filter that takes two dimensions into consideration.

But you can do a workaround.

1. Create a Custom Dimension (session scope) to store the Operating System AND Operating System Version

2. Create an Advanced filter to retrieve the values of those two dimensions and output them both to your Custom Dimensions

3. Create and Exclude filter to exclude sessions where your Custom Dimension matches your criteria (e.g. Linux X86_64).

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sam G
April 2017

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Actually I believe I got it working:

First, create an 'Advanced' filter.  This just creates a new field that is OS Version + Browser Version.  

Field A = (.*)

Field B = (.*) 

Output To -> Custom Field 1 = $A1/$B1

Then create a 2nd filter, that actually 'excludes' the OS Version / Browser Version combination you want. 

Exclude = 55.0.2883.95/x86_64  for example

Re: Filter with multiple criteria

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Yes, same thing, but using the deprecated Custom Field/Vars. Custom Dimensions are the recommended method with Universal Analytics.