Analytics
6.1K members online now
6.1K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Filter visitors who sign up for eBook

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Everyone,

I think I am getting myself overly confused with this.

Quite simply, I want to track visitors who signup to download an eBook and who then make return visits.

I'm not sure which option I need:

1. I have created a Custom Dimension that captures a visitor's Client ID when they land on the Thank You page immediately after signup.

2. I have created a segment that includes users who have had a session which includes the Thank You page. I'm also wondering if I can create another segment which uses the Client ID Custom Dimension. 

A possible 3rd option might be to create a new filtered view: Include Thank You Page OR use my Custom Dimension ClientID.

What's the best way to go about this?

Cheers

1 Expert replyverified_user

Filter visitors who sign up for eBook

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hey Tom,

Sounds like you are all set.  Basically I would create a goal for the ebook signup and probably also set a user level custom dimension flag for same. 

Then you can create a segment for users that have the goal conversion.  User segments are limited to 93 days at a time so that's where your custom dimension comes in, you can create session based segments where the value is, for example, "true".     In your case, if your client id is set to the user level, you can just create a segment where the value is .* matching regexp.

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn