AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Filter expression incomplete on PDF export

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm recreating some old email reports by heading in via Behaviour > Site Content > All Pages and then adding part of a URL path from my site into the little search box on the right.  It's in this format:

section-of-website/subpage

This filters the data accurately when I view it in Analytics, so I export the report to PDF to test it (long-term I will set up a monthly email report). The data on the exported PDF is suddenly different because it says "This data was filtered with the following filter expression: section-of-website" and is no longer including the "/subpage" element of the filter.

So the PDF export is showing different data to what I'm viewing on the live data in Analytics.  

The old PDF reports, which I'm attempting to recreate, include the entire path (section-of-website/subpage) so I know it's possible.

Can somebody help me by explaining if I'm doing something incorrectly?

Many thanks

Filter expression incomplete on PDF export

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've seen another thread that says the PDF export has an issue with the / character.  The suggestion is to remove that character from the filter.  Unfortunately, the term subpage I mention above appears so much in other unrelated elements of my site that I need to have the full section-of-website/subpage path in the filter (I've tested just filtering subpage but that doesn't return the correct data).

So I'm at a loss for a workaround on this.