Analytics
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Filter by client id

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So I have custom reports in my own system where I attach the client id with the idea I can go in Google Analytics and find the client id and see his history. Now I have tried to look into "User Explorer" but I can not seem to figure out how I can filter by a specific client id and I can't just go trough all the list since there is a lot of them and is time consuming.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Steve A
June 2016

Re: Filter by client id

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
So far the only way would be to assign the Client Id to a Custom Dimension so your options to filter or do anything with it are much more flexible - there is still a question what is to be expected with the user explorer and dimensions inside it.

Kind regards,
Zorin
Web analyst @ escapestudio.net

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Steve A
June 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
So far the only way would be to assign the Client Id to a Custom Dimension so your options to filter or do anything with it are much more flexible - there is still a question what is to be expected with the user explorer and dimensions inside it.

Kind regards,
Zorin
Web analyst @ escapestudio.net

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hey Steve,

If you already have the client ID available from your 3rd party systems, a workaround for locating that specific client ID in the User Explorer report would be to:
-edit the date range to when the visitor was on your site
-expand out the rows (either using the drop down at the bottom of the report or adjusting the URL)
-use CTRL+F to display the browser search bar and paste in your client ID

this should take you to the exact client ID your searching for then you can click through to see visitors behavior!

hope this helps,
Grant