Analytics
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Filter all data by landing page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'm having some confusion regarding views and filters. Say my company has the main website www.company.com, and it has its GA all set up. Now we created a new landing page (with Unbounce) called site2.company.com/newproject to promote our new project, but all the links on this page pretty much lead back to content on our main website (e.g. home page, catalogue page, etc) which are already tracked in other views.

I'm trying to create a view for the marketing team responsible for this new landing page to track data that are relevant to this landing page, i.e., only data where the landing page is site2.company.com/newproject, including people arriving on that page through social media, and of course including activities on our main site if they click any of the links on the new landing page (such as ecommerce tracking).

Should I:

• Create a completely new view for this and use filters to only include landing page = site2.company.com/newproject
  • Duplicate an existing view (we have one already set up that filters out all internal IP), then add a filter onto it to only include landing page?

Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Filter all data by landing page

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

It's up to you. If you want to get the view level features like filters, goals, users and their permissions copied over then copy an existing view. Historical data won't be included in the copied view. Let me know if you have questions.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital