AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Filter UserAgent String

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm monitoring my site performance using SpeedCurve at the moment and have a peak in traffic every day at 10am as the bots from Dublin and San Jose check my site and provide RUM reports.

The notes in the SpeedCurve site indicate that these services run out of AWS and have not fixed IP address, so any filtering could be done by looking for "PTST" in the UserAgent String.

Is there anyway to filter this traffic in GA? Alternatively the option would be to filter out all traffic from AWS and I'm not sure what further impacts this might have.

Re: Filter UserAgent String

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

I don't think filter on user agent will be possible. Since GA doesn't send user agent string to reports.

http://help.analyticsedge.com/spam-filter/definitive-guide-to-removing-google-analytics-spam/

Best Regards,
A.T.

'Star' or 'Accept as Solution' if it helped.

Re: Filter UserAgent String

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Is there any other option then? Would there be anyway to filter out just traffic from AWS instead and if so is there any knock on issues from doing that? (I can always trial it as a segment first).