AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Filter Amp URL and the Regular URL DIfference???

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi All.

As it has to show there  will be a seperate url for amp in google indexed pages.

Like the url:  www.example.com/amp/page1 and main Regular url  will be www.example.com/page1

In anlaytics report under all pages i get 1000% of increase in www.example.com/amp/page1 amp version. and decrease in www.example.com/page1 

and the sessions are different if i get ,my traffic decrease on overall for one country i see a drop and due to this amp urls it is difficult to find out which url or page has lost traffic.

how to find out exactly which pages have lost traffic. as they urls are considered as different urls

AMP is for mobiles and regular Main urls is for Destop. How to find out where traffic is drop. exactly.

As Amp version gets many hits we cant say we lost traffic for that page. 

And i heard that there will be a separate indexing for mobile pages  and desktop version in future.

Solutions will be much appreciated.

Regards

Raman

Filter Amp URL and the Regular URL DIfference???

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Ramana,
For the urls to show up as a single page in google analytics you should use a search and replace filter which removes "/amp/" from pages and replaces them with "/"

Here is a bit more info about search and replaces filters

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1034834?hl=en

If this helps, please let me know by giving a star Smiley Happy

Kind Regards

Noman Karim