Analytics
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Exlude traffic to the cart that is not connected with the main website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everybody!

Please, help me with creating the rigt filter.

I have the website A with its cart at website B. Of course the crossdomain tracking was set and at the GA property for A i get information about the cart too.

The problem is that we have many other websites that also have the same cart. And in my website A property i see all cart pageviews that can be not even connected with my website A.

So the traffic of the cart is much bigger then the traffic to my website A.

I want to create a filter that will exclude traffic to the cart that wasn't connected to my website.

Can anybody help me to solve this problem?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Exlude traffic to the cart that is not connected with the main website

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Tatiana,

I see. I actually don't see the possibility to exclude it at hit level in an Analytics view filter at the moment. If it was possible to include any shop identifier in the page URLs of the shop, you could filter for that.

But you surely may use a custom segment by including host A AND and host B to to get the sessions which include both hosts only.

Christoph

Re: Exlude traffic to the cart that is not connected with the main website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi webfield.

Thank you for your reply. I'm just trying to create a custom dimension now that will connect pageviews of website A and the cart B. Then i'm going to filter my GA View with this Custom Dimension. I hope it should be working.

Best Regards,
Tanya Saburova