Analytics
5K members online now
5K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Exclusion Filters and HubSpot

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My company recently moved our website hosting to HubSpot. Google Analytics provides much better data so I am still using that to track our stats. I have noticed that the reports are tracking test pages, template previews, etc. anything that we do within the HubSpot system. I set up the IP address exclusion filter in Google Analytics, but I am still seeing those same pages. Is there another exclusion I can use? Or maybe I am not doing the filter right?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Exclusion Filters and HubSpot

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
You could exclude the traffic by subdirectory and hostname as well. In addition, you could also use some custom exclude filter based on URI, page Title etc.

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi Clarity,

The best way to exclude internal traffic is with an IP filter. A couple of things you can check is first that you are using the public IP of the network/wifi you want to exclude.

Another thing you might what to check is if everyone in your office is using the same IP or a range of IP's. If you are using a range here is a tool that will help you build an expression to exclude them. Just make sure if you are using REGEX to use custom filters and not predefined.

To test if you filters is working check the real time reports while you visit the site from your computer.

Hope it helps,

Google Analytics Rising Star | Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.' Learn how here!
Analytics Consultant at Carloseo.com - Find me on Twitter | Email me

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Everything you do on Hubspot should be coming from their Amazon cloud. The following is a filter I use all the time block traffic from tools like Hubspot (amazonnaws is Amazon's cloud domain). Test this and see if it blocks the traffic:

Filter: Exclude
Filter Field: ISP Domain
Filter Pattern: amazonaws.com

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the suggestion! I set up 2 different filters because we do have a back up IP address. I still see the test pages and preview pages, though. I might have to look into the tool.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I did notice the Amazon name! That is a good call. Thank you, I will try that and see if it works.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the suggestion! I tried the page titles route and when I set it up, it verified the filter, but then later on the pages still popped up. I might have to try again.

Exclusion Filters and HubSpot

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS! I have been trying to figure out the best way to do this ever since I found out about Ashburn, VA skewing our metrics.