Analytics
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Excluding subset of IP addresses from analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Everyone:

I have read the instructions on how to exclude a subset of IP addresses.  However, my issue is that I need to exclude 2 IP address that are very different so they don't begin with the same numbers.  Is this possible to set-up?  I don't see any place where there is instructions to exclude 2 very different IP's.  Please help.

Thank you.
Neda  

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Excluding subset of IP addresses from analytics

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Neda,

You can use Regex filters to handle multiple IP addresses. The simplest way to do this would be to set it up like this;

(a\.b\.c\.d|e\.f\.g\.h)

So a.b.c.d and e.f.g.h are filtered out.
Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
ok. Great. Is there an easy way to test and make sure it's working? I really appreciate your help.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
HI Glossy C,

Best way to check is to visit your site under one of those IP addresses and see if there are any hits in Real-Time.
Nicky Yuen, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Glossy C,

I had to do the same thing today and found this page to be super helpful

http://www.analyticsmarket.com/freetools/regex-tester

Just put in your regular expression and then the items you want to test and it should tell you what it has matched.  Make sure you put in some test items that you don't want to match in your regular expression to make sure it works really well.