Analytics
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Excluding entire pages from anlytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've got a bit of a strange one - I use my Shopify platform for several separate brands all getting referred by different sites, and want my google analytics account to track one in particular. Unfortunately, I get a traffic spike every time people get to product page of an alternative brand's product showing in the GA account. Is there a way to exclude specific pages in GA? As far as I know, Shopify doesn't allow you to take the code off certain pages. 

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Susi W
November 2015

Re: Excluding entire pages from anlytics

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Susi,

You can set up an exclude custom filter for your view. In admin go to Filters under View, Add filter, select Custom, Exclude and Request URI. Type your page URI you want to exclude into the field as /example.html. Click Verify this filter to see how the page views are tracked before and after applying the filter.
Please note that filters are destructive, you won't be able to see any data for the page you filtered out.
I suggest to set up the filter on a new view and keep your main view unfiltered. Hope this helps

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
A quick point on filtering: they are not destructive (implies that they impact already collected data) but they are not retroactive.
So +1 on running the filter on a separate test/dedicated view.
VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Is there any way to do this retroactively? It doesn't appear that a Segment can be applied to only remove specific pages, it removes session/user such that when you filter a Page in a Segment you actually remove that visitors' entire visit. Right?

I need to retroactively report data excluding only some pages. At all possible?