Analytics
5.7K members online now
5.7K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Excluding Mobile views from google analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I want to test our website on my mobile phone without GA using this in its reports,however mobile phone ip addresses change all the time, does anybody know of a a way to exclude a singular mobile phones viewings?

Re: Excluding Mobile views from google analytics

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I use a tool called Ghostery to help accomplish this. They have browser extension and an app that will let you see what tracking tools/marketing technology is running on a site. The cool thing is that Ghostery also allows you to decide which trackers to permit and which ones to block.

On mobile, download the app (it's free) and then open the Ghostery app. It will launch the in-app browser. Go to a test website that is running Google Analytics--there are a ton out there. Tap the little blue ghost icon and it will show you a list of trackers. Toggle Google Analytics to off. Then navigate to the site you want to test. Tap the blue ghost again and verify that Google Analytics is still toggled off and you should be all set to test the site on your mobile without sending data to GA. 

On the browser extension the menu would look something like this

Capture 1.PNG

Hope that helps!

Re: Excluding Mobile views from google analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks - that is absolutely ideal for what I need.