AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Excluding Internal Traffic with Multiple Locations

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How do I exclude internal traffic from multiple locations? If it were just a few, I would set up either multiple filters or a regex for them, but it's nearly 50 locations...and there's not much similar between them. Some are ranges and some are single IPs. I've tried setting them up with a single regex and it was too long, so I broke them into "groups" of IPs in each regex. It's been up for a few days and still not seeing any traffic to the view, so either my regex is flawed or I'm not getting any traffic besides internal traffic ("regular" view showing 600+ sessions), so my guess is that I've messed up the regex. Can I have 50+ individual filters? Is that inefficient? Will it cause problems? Or can someone point me to a regex generator that will help with multiple IPs? Thanks!

Re: Excluding Internal Traffic with Multiple Locations

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Sharon,

You can use 256 characters to define a view filter in Google Analytics. Yes, theoretically it's possible to create 50 different view filters as well if you want but I would recommend using regular expressions instead in order to be more efficient.

Let me know if it helps @Sharon M.

Taavi