Analytics
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Excluding Internal IP Traffic

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I created a test view and created a filter excluding my IP address.

However, in this view no data seems to be collected.

I tried creating another view and still the same problem.

I am sure i implement the right filter: Exclude>>Traffic from the IP Adress>>>Equal to: ....

But it seems like it excludes all data...So can somebody help me?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Excluding Internal IP Traffic

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi :-)
New Views will not have any data in them to begin with.
To check your IP address that you are filtering. go to google.com and type into the search box
What is my IP addy?
It should return the IP you need to use for the filter.
Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes.
But i added the filter and the new view a week ago and since then i have had at least 2500 new sessions ...

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

If there is no data collecting in the View, then it would seem there is an issue with the Filter setup

Are you able to pls post a screenshot of the filter setup and the IP results when you search what is my IP

eta.. is the IP filter also the only filter applied to the View currently?

Thanks
Bronwyn

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

2.png

Untitled.png

Yes, this is the only filter for the view. All the settings are as the unfiltered view which is currently working...

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
When you created the new View to apply the filter to, did you go into the View settings page and save the new View?
Sometimes Views will not begin tracking until this step has been taken.

Also what is the website addresss url? (just want to take a moment to have a look at it via my browser)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I clicked Save just now. But still i checked the real time report and no data is being displayed. I will check in 24 hours again.
The website is:
http://housemilka.com/

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi, the tracking code is installed incorrectly, which is going to be leading to funky data and incorrect tracking 

atm the tracking code is installed twice.. both with different configurations.

I'd remove the following tracking code

<link rel="pingback" href="http://www.housemilka.com/xmlrpc.php" /><script>        
(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i["GoogleAnalyticsObject"]=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
            (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
            m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
            })(window,document,"script","//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js","ga");
                        ga("create", "UA-77773130-1", "www.housemilka.com");
                        ga("require", "displayfeatures");

ga("send", "pageview");</script>

and leave the other copy that is installed.

<script>
  (function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
  (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
  m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
  })(window,document,'script','https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga');

ga('create', 'UA-77773130-1', 'auto');
  ga('send', 'pageview');

</script>

If you want to enable display feature tracking, via the recommended way via the Property Settings, rather than 

modifying the trackng code

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2444872?hl=en#propsettings

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Also when you do recheck in 24hrs, make sure to change the date at the upper right to inlude the current day.
It defaults to yesterday, so if you check it tomorrow and it is defaulting to the prior 24hrs, it may be, before the tracking
code was fixed and the new view setttings were saved, so it still may not show any data.

also just out of interest.. when you look at the Real Time reporting in the non filtered View. if you are browsing the site, i am assuming you are able to see your own data in the unfiltered view, is that correct?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Could you please check now if i have removed one of the codes?