Analytics
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Excluding Internal IP Traffic not working

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've added a separate view for this filter. But both views (one with IP filter, one with out filter) display nearly identical traffic sans a couple hundred views. We expect to see a difference in the thousands, as our previous filter with a previous (now outdated) IP address had significantly different number of views.

We're using

predefined/exclude/traffic from the IP addresses/that are equal to

Please advise.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Excluding Internal IP Traffic not working

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Carrie,

Double-check if (1) you're using the correct IP range (check at www.whatismyip.com) and (2) it's correctly excluded in your filter. You might post a screenshot if possible.

Christoph

Re: Excluding Internal IP Traffic not working

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I had the same problem since I changed from the old Google Analytics source code to the new Universal analytics source code. I had a lot of contact with the technical team at Google and we have found a solution.

Do you have the new Universal Analyitcs source code? In the new Universal Analytics source code there is a parameter called: 'anonymizeIp'. If the value is 'false', you need to change your IP filters a bit.

For example: Our IP is: 92.111.192.178
Normaly I put that exact IP in the filter. But with de ANONYMIZEIP on false I had to change that. You have to replace the last digets behind the last dot with a zero ( 0 ).
My excluded IP eventually became: 92.111.192.0.

Now it is working! I hope it helps for you and anyone else having this problem.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you so much for reporting on this. My ANONYMIZEIP is set to true.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Chirstoph, I have triple checked that the IP being used is correct. And I have followed close directions to the filter. Predeifined, Exclude, Traffic from the IP addresses that are, Equal to...