Analytics
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Exclude user traffic if a certain page has beenvisited

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi 

Need some help on whether this is possible.

I would like to exclude ALL traffic of a user if they come to a particular page.

Here is the scenario: 

10 users arrive on the homepage, 10 users click sign in, 10 users go to sign in page but one user to signs in and gets directed to the welcome (/admin/) page. I would like the resulting traffic only track the 9 remaining users retroactively.

In my mind it would be something like:

"if url contains =  /admin/* exclude all previous tracking"

Thanks

Andre

1 Expert replyverified_user

Exclude user traffic if a certain page has beenvisited

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

You can't do it using filters because they work on hit level and they don't work retroactively.

You can exclude users and/or their sessions where page contains /admin/ using advanced segments.

Please check the document below about segments:

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/3123951?hl=en

Hope this helps.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Re: Exclude user traffic if a certain page has beenvisited

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Arnold

Thanks for the feed back. I did some searching and also came to the conclusion that filters are not the way.

Next Segments... The aim is that we have don't track the users that login take this funnel for example:

[Home page] -> [Sign in page] -> [Successful Sign in Page]

We would like to hide all traffic of any user that has managed to get to the [Successful Sign in Page] with a segment. The result is that if the people that have accounts come to the home page or any other page then the sign in page their history of browsing would be hidden. 

Below is what I have setup but it is hard to judge if it is doing its job or not. Does this look correct? Users instead of sessions?

Screen Shot 2017-06-15 at 09.13.13.png