Analytics
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Exclude the "job seekers"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the Google Analytics community. I started using it a few weeks ago and managed to find some answers to my questions.

However, since I'm new to this, I just want to make sure that my segments are correct.

What I want is to exclude people who have visited the jobs pages. These pages all start with /jobs/... ! 

My website is in 4 languages.

So I've done this :

New segment

Behaviour : Sessions  >  or    =     to 1

Sequences : filter l exclude l users l sequence start l any user interaction

STEP 1 : Page > matches regex > /(fr|en|nl|de)/jobs/

is that correct?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author TVReviewsNetwork
July 2016

Re: Exclude the "job seekers"

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi TVReviewsnetwork,

First we need to know what you want to exclude :

1. All sessions (whether or not they visited /jobs/ ) from Users that may have visited those pages in some session e.g. If I canme to your site and on the 9th session/ visit went to /jobs/ would you want to exclude the previous 8 sessions and all sessions after the visit?

or

2. Just the sessions in which the user went to /jobs

if it's 1, then you'll create a user based session (whiich can only be used over a 90 day date range); if it's 2 then you'll want to create a session based segment.

In your example you've made it more complicated than it needs to be. You don't need a sequence based segment, iyou can simply go to advanced and use Exclude>> (then either sessions or users based on above)>>page as the dimension and use the regex you have above or simply use contains and a filter pattern of /jobs/

Hope that helps!

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Re: Exclude the "job seekers"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Theo,

Thank you so much for your answer, it's very helpful !!

Have a great week!