Analytics
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Exclude URL Query Parameters buggy ...

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi everyone,

We are having troubles with the "Exclude URL Query Parameters" feature. In one view, we exclude the following queries:

excl.PNG

However, this does not really work. Most of the queries are beeing excluded, but not so for the "orderid" query which definetely shows up in the view/data. But "orderid" is on the excluded list, even on the first place. Why is this not working?

data.PNG

Thanks in advance!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
Have you changed the date range at the upper right, to exclude any days before the change was put into place and to only include from the day after the exclusion was added to the settings? (it can take 24-48hrs for changes to start showing in the reporting)

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

The last time I edited the list was on friday. If I just look at today's data the queries still appear Smiley Sad It SEEMS like there are not as many URLs with the parameter as if I would not exclude the parameter, but I expect 0 (zero) not something in between :/

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

edited.. sorry misread your reply.

What day is it for you now where you are? Sunday or Monday?

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Today is Tuesday 7:33 AM.

Because the view is pretty important to use I used the workaround which has been discribed in another thread: With Search and Replace and some RegEx I replace the unwanted queries. But anyway, this is kinda annoying, as I really expect this to work. Where can I report this to Google? 

Re: Exclude URL Query Parameters buggy ...

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
I'm really surprised it hasn't worked for you. 

I'm making the assumption that you have left a main reporting view containing historical data without any filters applied to it (so as to have an unedited raw copy of data should it be needed at any stage).

To report issues directly to google, there is a feedback option in the interface that also allows you to capture screenshots to send with the information

feedback.jpg

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I am as suprised as you. Which is not a good thing in this regard Smiley Very Happy

However: Thank you, I will report the issue to Google. Maybe it's a bug for real.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Adam.

Did you report your "Exclude URL Query Parameters" issue to Google? I'm having the same problem and was wondering if they had an explanation (or solution).

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Dan,

Yes I did. Haven't received a reply, though...

But as I mentioned, I did overcome the issue with the "search and replace" feature. Maybe this can help you too. However, it would be nice to see a working fix here, because I would usualy rely on such a feature and it should work as described (which it does not).

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the same issue. Excluded several URL query parameters over 2 months ago and I am still seeing one of them in my reports. Has Google given you any explanation?