Analytics
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Exclude IPs in Content Experiment

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi!

I have set up an Analytics Content experiment to test 3 variations of a landing page for a just released / not-popular product. The traffic to these pages are from 1) a dedicated adwords campaign and 2) Internal users who are visiting the page for reading/ referring etc. Is there a way to exclude certain IPs(Office/ Internal) from the experiment (not the regular website data) data?

Thank you for helping out.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Neema V
June 2016

Re: Exclude IPs in Content Experiment

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Neema,

I don't know of an easy way to do this with content experiments. While all users will see and be included in the experiment; the results -- if filtered to exclude the IP's for internal traffic -- will only reflect your AdWords / prospect traffic and not your internal folks.

The only way to not include the internal users in the experiemnt, would be to point them to a different version of the page that did not contain the experiment control script or to have your developers dynamically include the control script in such a way that they do not add when internal IP's are used.

Hope that helps.

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Theo Bennet for the solution!

Rising Star