AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Ask questions about filter set-up and issues with using filters in Google Analytics reports

Guide Me
star_border

Events not tracking in certain views

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

We have set up an Event to track a button click but it is only showing up in reports on our Unfiltered view within Analytics.

We have other views set up using filters to exclude certain IP addresses and the Event tracking is not reporting in those views?

Code used is below - is there anything basic that we're not piecing together as to why the data is only being collected in our unfiltered view?

Thanks in advance!

Sarah

({'event' : 'GAEvent','eventCategory' : 'AttendeePage','eventAction' : 'Click','eventLabel' : 'Modal-click','eventValue' : undefined });

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Are they specific IP addresses or ranges of IPs that are being filtered out.
Depending on the ISP and the IP being filtered, you may end up with legitimate site visitors that should generally be tracked, being caught up and removed by the filters.

Is it only the events that are not tracking in the IP filtered Views?

How long ago did you setup the filtered View? It usually takes a day or so for a new View to start collecting data.. 
and if it was a View that was already collecting data, once another filter is applied.. it can take a day or so from the time the filter is applied to start showing an affect to the incoming data in the View.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Bronwyn V,

Thank you so much for getting back to me.

The view itself was created a good few months ago so that isn't an issue.

The filter that was created for us to exclude IPs looks like the following:

Exclude -> Filter Field -> Filter Pattern: 213\.190\.156\.91|213\.190\.128\.241|86\.47\.39\.97|80\.76\.202\.217|193\.105\.185\.20|89\.101\.1\.99

Does that look correct?